Monday 15 October 2007

Live the life you love to live


Even at the age of retirement
My dad wished to ride a bicycle
Where if it was in my case
Even to go to the next street
He preferred me to drive the bike
His love is more than anything else
Any father could show to his son
But why didnt I recognise that love
Probably I was not old enough

Even during a hectic schedule
My mom didnt have a break
Teaching me lessons
Cooking me wonderful food
Getting me ready for the school
Though it was me who was preparing for exams
It was also her keeping herself awake
Just to give me a moral support
Aint I blessed with such a Goddess in my life
But stil why didnt I realise that love
Probably I was not matured enough

Being elder to me by couple of years
Sacrificing most of her pleasure
Though it made her shed tears
She always kept me smiling
Just to keep me engaged
With all I needed
What else could anyone ask
From a loving sibling
But still why didnt I reveal my love to her
Probably we were of the same age group

Now I'm old enough to know better
I'm strong enough to be true
I'm hard enough to know whether
I'm smart enough to know what to do
And I know you can't resist it
When it happens to you
Though you can tell your own story
Adding to it, you can swear its true
But you can save your lying
For some other fool who would believe
And when there are many people
Who are longing to be with me
Why did I choose to feel for you
When am I gonna learn to respect
When am I gonna reciprocate
When am I gonna start living
Well can't say until you turn around
And tell me that you can't resist
Staying away from me

But to wait for you, is all I could do
And that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now,
Because I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance i've gotta take
How can I just let you walk away
Just let you leave without a trace
When I'm standing here taking every breath with you
How could you let it go from you
How could you say a goodbye to me
I know you could not resist
Without a pain in your heart
But why are we going through this phase
Aren't we born to live the life
which we loved to live

No comments: