Friday 5 September 2008

Teachers and their Graceful Colours

The types of teachers in this world are many. Some teachers are strict, some are lenient and some others are in the middle way, neither lenient nor strict. In this write up, let me tell you about different kinds of teachers and various teacher's categories.

In general the teachers can be classified into the following categories:

• Friendly Teacher
A friendly teacher acts like a friend for his/her students. Teacher friend combines both the guidance of a teacher and the understanding of a friend. We all, at some point of time, aspire for an understanding teacher. Such a teacher acts like our friend, philosopher and guide. If we have our teacher as our friend, we will never wander from the true path of our life. Every teacher should have some friendly traits in him/her. Such a teacher is more close to the students and a better educator.

• Lenient Teacher
A lenient teacher is one who is not very fussy. An easygoing teacher takes things as they come. They do not crib about things such as doing homework on time or sitting quietly in the class, etc. But this does not mean that you can do anything in the class of a pampering teacher. There are limits to leniency shown by a teacher. We should not take undue advantage of such a teacher. If the teacher is not being too harsh, we should respect that and behave properly.

• Perfectionist Teacher
An ideal teacher is one we respect from our heart. He/she acts, as a guide to the students, but at the same times does not pushes them too much. A perfect teacher motivates the students and boosts their morale. He/she tries to encourage the students and refrains from criticizing them. Such a teacher prefers to give positive motivation to students. His/her comments are always constructive. The perfect teacher is our friend, guide, educator, confidante, all rolled into one. One such teacher builds the whole life of the students. Everyone in this world should get an ideal teacher. They won’t have to look back in their lives ever.

• Strict Teacher
A lenient teacher is one who is not very fussy. An easygoing teacher takes things as they come. They do not crib about things such as doing homework on time or sitting quietly in the class, etc. But this does not mean that you can do anything in the class of a pampering teacher. There are limits to leniency shown by a teacher. We should not take undue advantage of such a teacher. If the teacher is not being too harsh, we should respect that and behave properly.

• Funny Teacher
A funny teacher is like a god sent to the students. Such a teacher always wants to see his/her students smile. They try to bring a smile on the lips of their students. They are not clumsy. Rather, they are witty. A humorous teacher lifts the sadness out of his/her student's life. They are like stress-busters in our life. They help us in forgetting all our sorrows. However, it does not mean that this kind of teacher is not serious about studies. He/she does encourage his students, but in the healthy way. They teach the students without burdening them. They are not fixated on deadlines. But, they do not also tolerate a playful attitude towards studies. Such teachers lead to the development of students in a healthy way.

All the classifications for teachers are based on some typical personality traits of the teachers. For ex - some teachers constantly criticize the students, some act like friends, some are fun to be with and so on. The above categories will provide with some insight into the teacher's personality.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
At this part of life all I can say is I had lot more of such inspiring teachers than the good teachers and I take this opportunity to express my gratitude for my teachers on this Teacher's Day. Though they are a kind of "Thank You" messages for these angels, I really mean what I say. For those I have given a hard time, I do regret for my actions and those were never my intentions, as you teachers were the best ones I have had in my learning life. Wherever I may go in my life, I will always remember that I had an excellent guide in the form of all teachers, like You. I found guidance, friendship, discipline and love, everything, in one person. And to call it either being lucky or fortunate I had the chance of spending my part of life with a bunch of people like you. Without you guys, I would have been lost.

Thank you all teachers for guiding me, inspiring me and making me what I'm today. I will always be thankful to you for all the hard work and efforts you have put in, for educating me. You are not only my teacher. Rather, you are a true friend, philosopher and guide, all moulded into one person. I will always be grateful to you for your support. Though practically, I may not say it always in my life. But, I mean it whenever I say it. Thank You Teacher for all the things you have done for me. No matter how old I grow up, I will be always your humble student and will cherish those memories where I was fabulously treated like an infant by your graceful heart.

I could conclude this article by quoting few phrases which remind me the value of the teachers every time I see these which are still sticking on to my wall

The teachers’ purpose is not to create students in his or her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image

The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well

A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money

No comments: